July Fun in Binghamton
There is so much to do in Broome County, throughout July, starting right on the 1st! To make things a little easier and maybe give some inspiration, I created a list of awesome Summer attracts here in Binghamton.
1. First Fridays (the first Friday of every month) in Binghamton are a huge hit and one of the things its well known for. So full of culture and imagination, it is a fantastic spot for more serious art and music enthusiasts. This year it falls on July 1st and there are 29 participating locations! You could tour the Phelps Mansion, enjoy some live music, or catch an art show.
2. Julyfest has been carrying on in Binghamton for nearly 54 years and such a great weekend for Downtown Binghamton. It’s a three day long celebration of art, music, food, and crafts. This year it is July 8th through the 10th.
3. Enjoy live music and delicious wine at Black Bear Winery while you walk around and explore local vendors’ tables to see what they have to offer. I may be a little biased here, but come chat with one of the best Doulas in Broome County. The Sip & Shop is at 5:00pm on July 8th.
4. NYSEG Stadium is home of The Binghamton Mets and something you can count on to enjoy over and over throughout the season.
5. The Dicks Sporting Goods Open is from July 4th until July 10th. You don’t have to be a Golf fan to show your support. With good music and good food you can just get out and enjoy the sunshine!
6. Lighthouse Landing is a great idea for people/families that really enjoy the great outdoors… So much that they want to live in it for a short period of time. They offer camping, tubing, and boat rentals! They even have nearby attractions so you can truly make a memorable experience out of it.
7. Broome County Regional Farmers Market had its Grand Opening on June 25th and is now open year round, Saturdays from 9:00am until 1:00pm. While shopping isn’t always the ideal outing, the various vendors at the market create a warm and inviting atmosphere and you can even grab lunch! They are having a Grand Opening Celebration on July 16th that I can’t wait to check out.
8. Chuckster’s Family Fun Park is open daily and is great for Birthday parties! With Minature Golf, Batting Cages, Zip lining, and much more in between, they have fun for everyone! Whether you are looking for an exciting date night or a weekly family outing, Chuckster’s is a great choice.
9. Enjoy an Elegant night out at Binghamton’s Martini Walk on July 23rd. Squire around Binghamton with your ladies to test out various venues’ best mixed drinks, rating each one!
10. The Annual Broome County Fair is tradition for many families in the area. There is a lot to do each day, from July 26th to the 31st. Some of the main attractions include Demolition Derbies, Miss Broome County Beauty Pageant, contests, rides, games, and delicious food.