Fall Fun in Broome County
Ten activities that will keep you busy this October
1) October is National Apple Month and, for you Apple Lovers out there, Apple Day at the market is on the 11th from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Come celebrate all things apple with stories, crafts, and recipes. They’ll even have dinner ready and waiting!
2) Some people really enjoy picking out the freshest ingredients for their Sunday family dinner. With the wide variety of vendors and fantastic atmosphere at Broome County's Regional Market, it isn’t hard to make a day out of your trip. They’re open Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM and, for the rest of October, Tuesday evenings from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM.
3) The Cider Mill Playhouse is hosting a Halloween Play Festival on the 14th and 15th There will be eight different plays to choose from and is bound to speak to the inner aesthete in you.
4) Looking to do something fun with the entire family? Vestal Coal House is hosting a Halloween Family Parade on the 15th from 2:00 PM to 4:oo PM. You enjoy cider, donuts, live music, and more!
5) Calling all The Nightmare Before Christmas fans. There will be a Jack and Sally Family Paint Class at Stilettos Fine Arts Studio on the 16th from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Enjoy a fun night out with your girlfriend and test your artistic abilities.
6) To Celebrate Halloween there are various organizations that host Trunk or Treats in Broome County. This is ideal for the families who just are not a fan of door to door Trick or Treating. Here are just a few:
October 15th from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM at Arnold Park.
October 29th at the West Family YMCA from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
October 30th at the Chenango Forks Fire Department from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
8) The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier is always putting together great family friendly events and this holiday season is no different. There will be a Children’s Halloween Party on the 22nd from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Bring out your little ones in join in!
9) Apple picking is a great way to get out and enjoy the beautiful Fall scenery. Not to mention the endless apple recipes to test out. There are two great farms to check out; Apple Hills and Russell Farms.
10) Experience the friendly environment at the Lost Dog Café’s Annual Halloween Bash. With prizes, drink specials & DJ on the 29th check out their Stranger Things Party from 9:00 PM to 3:00 AM.